1927

On 19th August 1927 at the Licence Transfer Sessions the “Royal Oak beerhouse,” River was transferred from Stephen Smith to Thomas W. Marlow, of the “Royal Oak,” River, manager of the above.

The family group is composed (from left) of Thomas and Elizabeth Marlow, licencees in 1927, Stephen Smith, landordfrom 1899 (when the furniture, stock etc was valued at £33.2s.7d!), Gewn Graves his granddaughter, and Derek the postman.